Blog Blog Blog

Blog Blog Blog

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Still Feeling Like a New Blogger

Although I have posted a few times, blogging still feels completely new for me. I often feel as though I am going about it the wrong way. But when I watch videos like this last one I often wonder if there is a “wrong way” to blog. This video taught me how to blog a little better, or gave me some techniques to help me. More than anything it talked about what exactly blogging is and why people do it. I also thought to myself that I can watch the video and get tips, but the only thing that will truly help me to become a good blogger, is just like anything in life; to try. The only way to learn is to actually do it. For me it feels a little uncomfortable for some reason, but the more I blog the more comfortable I get with my writing. Writing can actually help you to think, and therefore learn, about yourself and about others. The one thing that is different about blogging as oppose to other forms of writing is that blogs aren’t typically drafted and you usually post them immediately after you write. Blogging is more writing for yourself rather than an audience; but at the same time you are still aware of what little bit of audience you do have and that can often make a person think more clearly. This video was very informing and makes me want to consider blogging more often because of what you can learn about yourself through the process. I learned that it can help to improve your confidence and overall skill as a writer. Maybe I should blog more often.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you watched it and liked it. I think you are right that there isn't really a wrong way of blogging, except that as Walker-Rettberg says, the goal is to get people interacting on the blogs, so some topics work better for that then others. But yeah, I agree that too much worrying about editing is bad for blogging. I may have emphasized that too much. Still, you do want to clean up a little for the audience so they know you cared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote then in my comment when I meant to write than. Ooops! That's what happens when you blog spontaneously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the video as well and I felt the same way! My ideas and opinions are very personal and it is so weird to write about, for once, how I feel online. In writing blogs, however, like you mentioned, I feel that my writing is slowly getting better. The more you do something the better you get. Just like practice! Keep writing, your blogs are good because your voice is strong!

    ReplyDelete