Blog Blog Blog

Blog Blog Blog

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Online Shopping

When I read my professors blog about how we should go about choosing a topic for our paper I chose the topic of online shopping. It's a good topic simply because not only can I relate well to the subject, but I'm sure many other people can as well; especially my peers. Although this is directed more towards my female peers who when they are bored in class look at shoes online, I'm sure a good percentage of my male peers and regular men are guilty as well. Although not always in school, I think it is safe to say that everyone has shopped online at some point in their life. I came about the topic when just recently I was shopping online and became frusterated with myself. I realized that I don't have the time nor money to be doing this, yet I still continue to do so. The question though was Why? It had become an impulsive habit that I wanted to ride myself from. I have read in several areas about the risk of fraud through online shopping and banking. Then, there is always the possibilty of it "looking better online than in the store." People might argue that it saves time and money, but in this situation purchasing in the store is safer and more beneficial in almost every area.

2 comments:

  1. I think, like you said, everyone has or continues to shop online. The fact that anyone can look and a large amount of products, all at one time, makes it easier for someone to shop. With all of the fraud out there, people still feel that they are safe enough to continue to shop and not become a victim. I personally, still do shop online because of the accessibility and ease that it takes. Compared to driving to a store, looking to see if they have the product and then purchasing it, online shopping usually will take less than 10 minutes to execute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very guitly of shopping online. I find, however, that rather than it being an efficeient way to get what I want, it often takes much longer. Especially in the case of shoes. I remember I brought a pair of shoes online and when I got them the size I normally get was too big, so I had to go back to the post office and send them back for a new size, however after this great ordeal of waiting days for the packages to be processed and delivered, the excitement of getting new shoes was lost and the hassel made the shoes not seem worth it anymore. THat said I am a very compulsive buyer and when I buy things I pretty much want to wear them that day. So when I am waiting for my package to arrive anxiously checking the status online, its so frustrating. So because of this I stick to shopping in stores.

    ReplyDelete